Think your school is using social media in its recruitment strategy. Think again
We have spoken with hundreds of schools about their recruitment strategy and the role that social media plays in it. Many of those schools said that social media was being used as part of their strategy.
But, when we looked under the hood, it was clear that it wasn’t being done effectively.
Schools were posting job vacancies to their social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, but the number of relevant users seeing those posts was incredibly low. And this is hardly surprising, considering…
A study from Edgerank Checker found that between February 2012 and March 2014, organic reach for the average Facebook Page dropped from 16% to 6.5%. Research from Social@Ogilvy, meanwhile, suggests that for Pages with more than 500,000 Likes, organic reach could be as low as 2%.
Add to this…
It’s clear that your school’s approach to recruitment and retention must change, and change quickly, in response to these pressures.
Businesses of all industries already know of the power of social when it comes to recruitment…
So, the solution?
In 2018 and on, you need to be utilising social media advertising, if you want to get results.
Social media advertising allows you to pin-point potential candidates, including by job title, location and interests, to name a few. For example, instead of just posting your science teacher vacancy to your Facebook page, where 5% of your followers will see it, instead promote your vacancy to thousands of relevant teachers, who meet your exact requirements.
We use this exact approach to find teachers for your vacancies, rather than waiting them to find your job. After all, 73% of candidates are passive job seekers.
We get results in the following ways…
- We use our technology to find and attract teachers to your role through social media and digital channels.
- Job is matched to the database of 1000s of registered teachers.
- Your job is posted on over 30 job partner websites including Schools Week and Education Today, seen by millions of teachers
- Promoted on social media with targeted adverts so you receive applications to your job from matched candidates.
- Your very own Google advert and re targeting adverts that will receive click-throughs to your job.
- We will also provide you with a full report that shows you the response and reach your advert had.
Try an approach that achieves results! If you are looking to advertise a number of school vacancies, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0330 124 2022 to find out more.