Could you lead a school where every child achieves? Apply Now
Do you have the potential to become a headteacher within two to three years?
We are recruiting senior leaders who are close to headship to join our Future Leaders programme.
Future Leaders is a selective, two-year development programme for exceptional leaders with a commitment to eradicating educational disadvantage and a proven track record of making a positive impact. The programme gives participants the skills and strategies to lead schools in challenging contexts.
Why join the programme?
Future Leaders includes:
- Intensive training based on the latest research
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching from our pool of experienced headteachers and executive coaches
- Visits to exemplary schools across England
- Tailored career support to help you progress to headship
Our expectation is that you will reach headship within three years, supported at every stage by us and your peers within our national network.
There is a school contribution, but no upfront cost to participants.
Am I eligible?
To join the Future Leaders programme:
- You must have the track record, potential and commitment needed to become the headteacher of a school in challenging circumstances within two to three years
- You will be a deputy head of a secondary school, or deputy or assistant head in a primary school. We also welcome applications from assistant heads in secondary with roles commensurate to that of a deputy head
- You will be an exceptional teacher with QTS or QTLS and have senior leadership experience in English schools within the past five years
- You will be working in a school which meets the Ambition School Leadership eligibility criteria
- You will commit to remaining in your school for two years, or until securing a headship role
The closing date for applications is 26 April.
Here’s what those that have attended the programme are saying
“Future Leaders gave me what I needed to become the leader I am, exposing me to a range of leadership strategies and improvement plans so I could pick what worked for me. It’s not a cookie-cutter approach; it develops people.” Matt Jones, Principal, Ark Globe Academy
“One of my greatest supports is the network I have gained through Future Leaders. It has allowed me to share my issues confidentially and have an objective audience to go to for advice and support.” Jennifer Ingham, Assistant Head, Blackburn Central High School
Ambition School Leadership was formed in November 2016 from two education charities, The Future Leaders Trust and Teaching Leaders. We are building a network of exceptional school leaders at all levels to transform the lives of the children who need it most.
Ambition School Leadership provides world-class leadership development and technical training to educators across England and Wales – from teachers aspiring to lead their department to CEOs steering multiple schools, and all the crucial leadership roles in between.
Click here for more information on Ambition School Leadership.
For an informal discussion about the programme, please get in touch with a member of our regional team:
0203 828 2451
Midlands and the South West office
0121 796 1010
0161 669 5610