Teacher of Design and Technology
Contract Type: Fixed Term until August 2022
Required to commence 1st September 2021
Blessed Trinity RC College is a busy, over-subscribed, 1,250 place 11-16 establishment. We have an amazing, purpose built school, enabling us to provide the very best teaching and learning opportunities within a bright, modern facility.
The school is located in extensive grounds and is situated close to Burnley Town Centre. The school is easily accessed from across the region by bus, train and car and is located just five minutes’ drive from the M65, Junction 10.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, well-qualified graduate teacher of DT to join this dedicated department on a temporary basis. We would particularly welcome applications from practitioners with experience of resistant materials.
We are looking for: –
• Someone who can engage and enthuse our learners through a commitment to outstanding teaching and learning in the specialism area of Resistant Materials at both KS3 and KS4;
• Someone who can contribute to the further development of a strong and forward looking team;
• Someone is innovative in their techniques to motivate and inspire young people;
• Someone who can build positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents alike.
Both NQTs and experienced Teachers are encouraged to apply. We offer an excellent NQT Induction programme as well as exceptional professional development opportunities.
What we can offer you: –
• Committed students who are positive and keen to learn.
• The opportunity to be part of a friendly and supportive team.
• Excellent and innovative facilities across the school.
• A comprehensive professional development programme and many opportunities to contribute to extra-curricular activities and whole school initiatives
If you feel you have the skills required, we look forward to hearing from you.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and will have a flexible approach to the tasks they undertake. The position will be ideally suited to someone with previous experience working within a busy school environment.
About Blessed Trinity RC College
Blessed Trinity RC College is a mixed 11-16 voluntary-aided Roman Catholic faith school in Burnley, Lancashire, England.
The school opened in September 2006 as part of ambitious plan to replace all of the district’s 11-16 schools, funded by a government public–private partnership programme called Building Schools for the Future. It was formed from the merger of St Theodore's Boys High School and St Hilda's Girls' High School and initially occupied spit sites of the former St Hilda's and Habergham Sixth Form Centre. Bernadette Bleasdale, who had been the head of St Hilda’s since 1992, became the new school's first head teacher.