Term Time only; 37 hours per week + 5 days INSET
We are currently seeking to appoint a highly organised, enthusiastic, inspirational and resilient individual to become part of the highly respected SEND team at Callington Community College.
The successful candidate will work very closely with the school SENDCo in leading the day to day SEND provision across the College.
They will also take the lead role in the Communication and Interaction across the College.
You will have experience of working with children with Autism and an awareness of the challenges which these students face within a mainstream environment in addition to a comprehensive understanding of whole school SEND needs and provision.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.
About Callington Community College
Callington Community College is a mixed Comprehensive secondary school. We became an Academy Trust in April 2011. There are about 1400 day students in the College, aged between 11 and 19.
We are committed to ensuring that every student at Callington Community College is happy, safe and successful and is prepared for life.
Our passion is to develop confident, motivated and resilient learners who:
• Are successful and are proud of their achievements
• Take responsibility for their own learning
• Have a thirst for learning that will last throughout their lives
• Feel safe and secure in an environment where difference is accepted, respected and celebrated
• Embrace a supportive and inclusive college community and make a positive contribution
• Have a wide variety of opportunities to realise their potential
• Are well prepared for life in modern Britain and the wider world
We will achieve this by:
• Ensuring that the highest quality teaching and learning is at the heart of all we do
• Promoting a love of learning, creativity and innovation, and equipping all students with the skills and confidence to take responsibility for their own learning
• Celebrating success in all aspects of college life
• Creating a safe, secure and stimulating environment for students to flourish
• Having high expectations for everyone in the college community and taking pride in everything we do
• Promoting health and well-being
• Developing students’ self-esteem and their understanding of their rights and responsibilities
• Creating a welcoming and purposeful atmosphere in the college where all students, staff, parents and visitors feel valued
• Insisting on and ensuring the very highest standards of conduct, mutual respect, moral purpose and integrity
• Actively listening to the views of everyone in the college community
• Working in local, national and international partnerships to promote an awareness amongst our students of their place in the wider world