Director of Science
Carshalton High School for Girls is a high achieving school judged by Ofsted in November 2017 as Good in all categories and Good overall.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic Director of Science, lead in Biology, to join our excellent Science Department.
The successful applicant will:
- Vision and the ability to turn vision into practice
- A proven record of raising achievement within the Science department
- Knowledge and experience of using a range of data to drive improvement
- Ability to be an outstanding classroom practitioner who is able to inspire students and staff and develop pedagogy across the Biology curriculum area.
- A commitment to improving the life chances of all our students; being willing to go the extra distance to do so
- Join a forward-looking, high achieving school.
- Contribute to the wider improvement of the school.
- Be driven and passionate about securing positive outcomes for students.
- Be joining a highly supportive school, where staff work together as a strong team.
- Have a good sense of humour.
What we can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly and supportive environment.
- A culture of distributed leadership.
- Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
- A school that has wellbeing as a high priority.
In line with our recruitment policy and for the protection of our students, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
About Carshalton High School for Girls
Carshalton High School for Girls is an inclusive learning community that places excellence and the success and happiness of our students at the heart of everything we do. This is reflected in our core beliefs of Community, Harmony, Success and Growth. In January 2011 Ofsted judged us as a Good school with outstanding features and described us as "a Good school that is strongly improving."
Our school is a place of inspirational learning at the heart of our community where everyone is valued, respected and challenged; providing opportunities for all to learn, grow and thrive together; succeeding today and in the future.