Exams Officer / SIMS Manager
Term Time, Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Conisborough College is looking to recruit an experienced Exams Officer/SIMS Manager who will:
• Manage the School Information System so that its maintenance is up-to-date and that the capacity for its use is developed to meet the needs of the school.
• Demonstrate a high level of competency and knowledge in the application of SIMS and other relevant workplace Information Systems.
• Operate an annual programme of performance and contextual data collection and carry out analysis relating to the school.
• Provide timely data to allow for precise target-setting, assessment and reporting of student attainment and progress.
• Be responsible for the smooth running and administration of all public and internal examinations.
• Develop systems and databases to further the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
• Liaise with all relevant colleagues and stake holders to ensure full compliance with exam board regulations.
• Contribute to wider school reporting and recording processes.
The successful candidate must have relevant recent experience and qualifications, a flexible approach and be willing to actively seek to develop own learning to enhance the service delivered. You will be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment with excellent attendance and punctuality. In return, you will work in a friendly and supportive environment and receive CPD opportunities
Conisborough College is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks.
About Conisborough College
Conisborough College offers a broad and balanced curriculum to around 900 girls and boys aged 11-16.
he past five years have been a period of great change and improvement and we have had two extremely positive Ofsted reports. The number of students achieving 5 A*-C grades has more than doubled over the last five years and in terms of the progress and achievements our students are making, we are one of the most improved schools in London. Our whole mission is about making sure we maximise the life choices of our young people. We are committed to ensuring all our children enjoy coming to school and achieve to their full potential..
We believe that achievement in all areas of school life should be rewarded and celebrated. We challenge our students to excel in academic, cultural and sporting activities. We are committed to providing an excellent standard of education and every possible opportunity for our young people to thrive and develop. Our students have access to state of the art facilities and work in a friendly, disciplined environment that is designed to meet the demands of the 21st century.
This pursuit of excellence is based on a strong home / school partnership and we are constantly looking to find new ways to involve parents and carers in their children's education.
We encourage our students to become responsible and active citizens who are respectful of others. Students are rewarded for making a positive contribution to the life of the school and the local community.
We have now established our partnership with Colfe's. Colfe's is one of the leading independent schools in the area and work with us on a range of projects to further raise standards. Our highest achieving Year 11 students secure scholarships to the sixth form at Colfe's. A partnership of this kind leads the way in terms of collaborative working between the private and public sectors and this is part of the overall strategy to ensure students at Conisborough College enjoy the very best educational experience.