Teacher of Science
Start Date: September 2021
At Forest Hill School, we challenge stereotypes about under-achieving boys. Are you up for the challenge?
We are seeking to appoint a talented and committed Science teacher to contribute to the on-going success of the Science and Computer Science Faculty.
Science is taught across all Key Stages with physics, chemistry and biology all popular subjects at GCSE and at A-Level. This post will suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher.
Forest Hill is a dynamic community school that offers innovative teaching across a broad curriculum, including a Performing Arts focus, which is underpinned by the highest standards of pastoral care.We are an extremely inclusive and popular 11-19 boys’ school, with a mixed sixth form run in partnership with Sydenham Girls School and believe that every student should be given the support to aspire to and achieve excellence.
As a teacher at Forest Hill you will be part of a team of specialists who are determined to make a difference. We take pride in working together as one fully supportive team and are committed to laying the foundations for the future by helping all our staff develop their capabilities.
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic Science teacher qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• A team player who collaborates well with others and has the shared vision to lead and improve standards of teaching and learning
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their classroom
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys in the Arts
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of Science.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
About Forest Hill Secondary School
Forest Hill School is a thriving comprehensive boys’ school. We have an enormous amount of experience in teaching boys and our highly professional, committed staff provide opportunities for our students to flourish across the whole curriculum. We are proud to combine traditional values with innovative teaching methods and state of the art facilities to ensure that our students develop both academically and personally, and to allow them to continue to realise their potential in our co-educational Sixth Form, SFH6.