PE and Cover Supervisor
Monday to Friday, 35 hrs per week, Term Time only 39 weeks
Start date: September 2021
Forest Hill School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and inspiring cover supervisor who specialises in physical education. They will be able to understand the needs and aspirations of young people along with the potential barriers to participation and achievement. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work flexibly within a team are essential. We are an all-boys school with active school teams in rugby and football.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic team and play a vital role in shaping the future of Forest Hill School.
You will be required to:
- Supervise whole class study during the short-term absence of a teacher.
- Supervise P.E lessons both on the school site and at Elm Lane Green Field site.
- Lead excellently planned lessons and have a strong knowledge of the curriculum.
- Support supervision in lunchtime clubs as required
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in working in a school
- Relates well to young people
- Can work independently but contribute to a strong team ethos
- Is able to work flexibly, solve problems and be proactive
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges
the stereotypes of underachieving boys.
- A highly supportive Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Forest Hill School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
About Forest Hill Secondary School
Forest Hill School is a thriving comprehensive boys’ school. We have an enormous amount of experience in teaching boys and our highly professional, committed staff provide opportunities for our students to flourish across the whole curriculum. We are proud to combine traditional values with innovative teaching methods and state of the art facilities to ensure that our students develop both academically and personally, and to allow them to continue to realise their potential in our co-educational Sixth Form, SFH6.