Teacher of Science
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science to deliver outstanding teaching and learning. The successful candidate will join a collaborative and dedicated team who are committed to instilling our students with a passion for their subjects.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be a passionate teacher of Science and have a genuine belief in the potential of every student
- be committed to Hammersmith Academy’s ethos of high expectations and going the extra mile
- have excellent subject knowledge and a proven ability to raise standards in classrooms
- have experience of teaching at A-Level
Hammersmith Academy offers:
- a bespoke CPD program for all staff and exciting career opportunities
- excellent pastoral care
- an excellent reputation in the local community
- a dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
- first-class facilities and resources
- a comprehensive staff benefits package
- aspirational and hardworking students
- strong parental engagement
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally and visits to the school are welcome.
About Hammersmith Academy
Hammersmith Academy is a non-denominational, all-ability, co-educational secondary school for 11-18 year olds, with specialisms in Creative & Digital Media and IT.
The Academy is sponsored by two Livery Companies, The Mercers’ Company and The Information Technologists’ Company. This partnership provides extensive educational expertise and practical and innovative business experience. The Academy aims to develop the talents of all its students to the full and to raise educational standards, through excellent teaching and the innovative use of IT.
The Academy is based in a specialist four storey building which boasts state-of-the-art facilities including a large Theatre, Drama and Dance studios, Digital Editing and IT suites, Library, Fitness Suite, four-bay Sports Hall, Multi-Use Games Area, modern practical art and design, science and technology spaces, modern classrooms and larger learning bases.