Teacher of English
Start Date: September 2018
Harrow High School is a unique, ambitious and exciting school in North West London, committed to providing an excellent education for the dynamic and diverse community it serves.
We have exceptionally high expectations of all our learners in all that they do and believe that disadvantage or low prior attainment should not act as a barrier to success. We are committed to our ‘4 excellences’ which are at the heart of everything we do and every conversation we have. These are;
- Excellent Learning & Progress
- Challenge and engagement, meeting and exceeding targets
- Excellent Aspirations
- Quality progression, passion for learning
- Excellent Behaviour, Safety and Care for each other
- Respectful challenge, showing empathy
- Excellent Communication
- Understanding each other, clarity of purpose
As a result of our commitment to these beliefs, the school is continually improving and as a result, Progress 8 will be +0.46 for the year 2016-17, with pupil premium learners exceeding this at +0.6. The Sixth Form is also incredibly successful and this year we achieved ALPS grades of 2 (top 10% nationally) for A levels, BTEC and AS levels. The English department is very successful and has excellent take up of its wide range of post-16 courses.
These values also ensure we are committed to a constant programme of teacher development and teacher-led research and we offer a comprehensive and exciting programme of CPD which ensures that all our staff are able to make rapid progress in their careers.
About Harrow High School Academy
We believe in Excellence for All.
“Our purpose is to ensure an education which promotes excellence and provides all our learners with the confidence and skills to meet the challenges of the 21st century.”
We aim to help our learners:
- To achieve the highest possible academic and personal standards;
- To grow in their understanding of themselves and the world around them;
- To respect and value others within the school and community;
- To prepare themselves for adult life including participation in a changing society.