Science Teacher (English native level)
Full Time permanent
Required from 25 August 2019
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Programme (EIP). Our school is now also a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the first cohort will be in 2019.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 900 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Overview of role
A full time teaching role is 20 hours/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover.
To teach in the EIP + IB section.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach Science (in English) to Secondary school students in the EIP + IB section.
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Collaborate and write your own schemes of work
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
- Participate as an active member of the Science department and school community as a whole
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
About Lycée International de Londres
The Lycée is an independently funded charity set up on the principle that the best way to ensure academic excellence is through a variety of proven teaching methods in a nurturing and vibrant environment. Our beautiful five-acre campus includes all newly-refurbished and purpose-built buildings, outdoor sports pitches, a large gymnasium, a bright and spacious library, stateof-theart science labs, a music room and a drama studio.
Excellence, Creativity, Integrity, Community and Awareness are the cornerstones of our ethos and these values reflect our commitment to foster the development of the whole child.