Teacher of English
Start Date: 01/01/20
Are you an excellent practitioner who is looking to be part of a journey from good to outstanding? Do you want to experience what it is truly like to be able to make a difference to young peoples lives? Do you want to work in an academy that puts care, kindness and compassion before anything else and has a proven record of excellent progress for all students? If the answer is yes, then becoming part of our team sounds like it could be for you. We are looking to appoint a teacher of English. As a key member of the team you will deliver the departmental strategies for transforming teaching, learning and student achievement.
Our mission is to support and inspire all our students to develop the respect, resilience, skills and understanding to become independent learners and caring, responsible citizens.
Our Academy therefore requires a Teacher of English who can demonstrate:
• a focus on achieving the highest standards and delivery of quality first teaching
• the ability to develop and work in strong, effective teams and partnerships
• commitment to developing the character of all our young people
• perseverance, determination and resilience to secure positive progress outcomes for students
• an ability to inspire staff and students to achieve their very best in the classroom
• desire to tackle challenging targets and succeed
• a strong commitment to the Oasis ethos and our 9 Habits (Compassionate, Patient, Humble, Joyful, Honest, Hopeful, Considerate, Forgiving and Self-controlled)
In return we can provide:
• the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and inspirational team and for a Trust of Academies that is very highly regarded, nationally and regionally
• the opportunity to work in an Academy that has secured a good progress score in the summer and is on an upward trajectory for its results
• state-of-the-art buildings and facilities
• support and development from our wide range of local and national educational partners, including 52 Oasis academies nationally
• the opportunity to be part of a truly rewarding and exciting journey of school improvement at Oasis Academy Lister Park
• the chance to transform the lives of our amazing students and become part of our community hub expansion in Manningham
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
About Oasis Academy Lister Park
Oasis Academy Lister Park is situated on North Avenue, Bradford, and serves the communities of Manningham, Frizinghall and Heaton. We are an inclusive academy for children from all parts of Bradford aged between 11 and 18. Students at Oasis Academy Lister Park benefit from the school’s state of the art buildings and facilities.
We are committed to delivering first class-education and playing an active role in the local community.
Oasis Academy Lister Park is sponsored by Oasis Community Learning, which is a separate charity, but is part of the Oasis Global family. Oasis UK, a Christian organisation, was founded by Rev Steve Chalke MBE in 1985, and began its work in the UK but now delivers educational, healthcare and housing projects throughout the world.
Our Academy also houses a Chaplaincy which is committed to supporting students of all faiths and none.
As well as healthy minds we also promote a healthy lifestyle both in meeting dietary needs and ensuring health education is an integral part of the Academy curriculum.