Teacher of English & Humanities (Maternity Cover)
Post start date: 01 September 2018
Ormiston Endeavour Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well qualified English and Humanities specialist. Applications are welcome from NQT’s as well as from more experienced staff.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Has the ability to teach English and Humanities at KS3 with a possibility of some KS4 teaching.
• Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of their subject.
• Is passionate about teaching and learning, and would be able to contribute effectively to whole school improvement.
• Has the vision, imagination and commitment to add to the strengths of the Department, to meet the highest standards and to be a role model for our students.
We can offer you:
• The highest quality professional development through a wide and diverse programme within the Academy, and the extensive use of our professional networks within the country.
• Weekly personalised feedback with simple, clear actions to help you become the best teacher you can be.
• High aspirations and expectations of student achievement.
• Possible relocation allowance for the right candidate.
• Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn.
• Excellent professional development and guidance.
• An Academy committed to doing the best for its students.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for all posts.
About Ormiston Endeavour Academy
Ormiston Endeavour AcademyOrmiston Endeavour Academy (formerly Thurleston High School) is a secondary school with academy status located in Ipswich in the English county of Suffolk.
Our curriculum is organised to allow a course of study that is broad, rich and flexible in preparing students for life in modern Britain. We provide a range of study routes as students progress through the academy. We believe it is this variety that both challenges and excites the minds of all our students.
The curriculum is personalised to individual needs, shaped to suit particular interests and levels of attainment and enables students to follow their preferred learning pathways. All students are able to enjoy, achieve and succeed in accordance with their individual talents and skills.