We wish to appoint a highly effective practitioner who can lead the Geography Department commencing January 2019 or earlier by negotiation.
Further information and an application form can be obtained from the Academy website at www.queensburyacademy.com or for further information contact Mrs S Gadsden, Principal’s PA at the Academy telephone number 01582 601241.
Queensbury Academy is an extremely popular and over-subscribed Academy, situated on a pleasant site at the foot of Dunstable Downs – South Bedfordshire. We offer staff an outstanding induction programme; excellent support for professional development excellent facilities and resources and a very friendly working atmosphere.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to support strategic leadership and continue to develop the department
- The ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support others to achieve excellence
- The ability to teach Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
- The ability to enthuse and motivate students
- The ability to form positive relationships leading to excellent behaviour for learning
- A commitment to continuous professional development
Closing date: Sunday 28th October
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in the Academy.
About Queensbury Academy
Welcome to Queensbury Academy. I hope you find our website user-friendly and informative. Please be sure to check our new prospectus (click here)
- An academically rigorous curriculum which promotes engagement and challenge as well as providing breadth, balance and personalisation
- Strong examination results at both GCSE and A-level
- Consistently good and outstanding teaching from qualified subject specialist teachers
- A calm and safe learning environment with very well-behaved students
- An ethos based on positive relationships: students who enjoy their learning with teachers who love teaching
- A commitment to ensuring everyone achieves their full potential
We are proud that our Academy is sponsored by CfBT Schools Trust, part of CfBT Education Trust, an educational charity which exists to provide high-quality education for public benefit. CfBT has a strong background in educational research and shares our commitment to achieving excellence in teaching and learning.