Teacher of Humanities
Required for September 2021
Are you looking for a school that is keen to support your development, one in which you will be encouraged to stretch yourself and try new initiatives? If so, we would love to show you our school. Set in the Chiltern Hills yet only a 30-minute train ride from central London, Hazlemere is a great place to live and work. Our school is a dynamic learning community which promotes individual and collaborative success for all.
This is an exciting time for the school as we are looking for a Teacher of Humanities with a passion to work with young people to drive their success even further. In return, you can expect effective support from our strong leadership team along with a hardworking, talented, and passionate staff body. We are committed to professional development and there is considerable opportunity for career development within the school.
We are looking for a person who has:
· A belief in the ability of all students to achieve
· A desire to see continuous school improvement
· A passion for raising student achievement
· A potential to teach at all key stages
· A commitment to teamwork and a sense of fun
In return you will receive:
· In return you will receive ongoing support and development in an environment that focuses on student and staff health and well-being
· Free car parking on site
· Free use of the school gym
· Treat Tuesday
· Opportunities to further develop your skills and expertise
· An additional payment of £1,000 will be made to any successful candidate applying directly to the school rather than through an agency (Fixed for 1 year only)
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity or religion.
Sir William Ramsay is committed to the protection and safety of its students and staff.
A job description and personal spec along with the application form are available on our website at www.swr.school. Please complete the application form and email it to Michelle French (Head’s PA) at email@example.com
Closing Date: 0900 Tuesday 22nd June 2021
About Sir William Ramsay School
Sir William Ramsay School is a co-educational secondary school in Hazlemere, Buckinghamshire. It is takes children from the age of 11 through to the age of 18 with a total of approximately 1,000 pupils attending. The school shares a common catchment area with the nearby Holmer Green Senior School.
Sir William Ramsay School is a dynamic learning community which promotes individual and collaborative success for all.
We aim to achieve our vision by:
- Raising students above the ordinary by developing and delivering lifelong learning which transforms lives
- Ensuring every person feels valued, safe and happy
- Enabling students to feel proud of themselves, and also enjoy the success of others
- Promoting a culture of mutual respect where everyone is treated as a valued member of the school community
- Encouraging positive communication so that words and actions are thoughtful, supportive and motivational
- Placing parents and carers at the heart of the life of the school
- Respecting and promoting the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of every individual
- Recruiting well-qualified and highly committed staff
- Adopting an ethos of continuous improvement within all aspects of school life
We underpin our vision and mission by embracing the values of: