Teacher of Maths (Part time)
(Required for Immediate Start)
Do you want to work in one of the Top 100 schools, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment? Whether you are an experienced teacher or NQT this is an opportunity to excel in this challenging and rewarding role.
We are seeking to appoint a part-time Teacher of Maths, three days per week, to work with our students aged between 11-18 years old. The ideal candidate with have the vision, and gravitas to work with young people and contribute to general school life.
You should be:
Be well qualified and enthusiastic.
Be able to teach across the 11-18 age range.
Be passionate about Maths.
Be committed to improving teaching and learning.
Have good interpersonal and presentational skills.
Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
A generous time allocation for planning, preparation and marking.
A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
A superb opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work in a flourishing department.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a thriving school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
St Philomena’s Catholic High School for Girls was established by the Daughters of the Cross. The Congregation of the Daughters of the Cross of Liège were themselves founded by Blessed Marie Thérèse Haze. Inspired by Blessed Marie Thérèse’s dynamic courage and joy-filled service, the Daughters of the Cross undertake ministries particularly in education and healthcare. They never separate the love of God from the love of God’s people. Our school continues to have as its inspiration the spirit and traditions of the order.
This affirms our utter reliance and trust in God; we build our community with God, because of God and for God. All our accomplishments are in vain if not for God, since the house that the Lord builds will stand forever.
In everything we do, our aim is:
- To provide an inclusive Catholic education for all students.
- To help students grow in their love and knowledge of the Catholic faith.
- To embrace the benefits of single sex education in a Catholic school
- To enable growth and development of the dignity of each individual.
- To promote the care, respect and love we show for one another as witnesses to our faith so it is possible to meet Christ in all aspects of school life.· To encourage the highest achievement and resilience in all students irrespective of their ability.
- To endeavour to ensure that all students enjoy their years at St Philomena’s and leave with a sense of purpose equipped to face the challenges of adult life.