The Duston (All Through 4-19) School is looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join us within our Primary School (opened September 2015).
In 2018 OFSTED noted about the Primary School:
- The leadership of the primary school is highly effective and aspirational.
- In the primary school, teaching is consistently of a high quality.
- The behaviour of children is exemplary.
- The engagement of children in their learning is impressive.
- The learning environment, including numerous displays, is highly stimulating, both indoor and outside, and children are enthused by this.
- Pupils’ attitudes are exceptionally positive.
- Interactions between children and adults are exceptionally positive.
- Engagement with parents is highly positive.
- The head of the primary school has high aspirations for the pupils and the children within this part of the school’s provision.
Experienced teachers will be, and newly qualified/recently qualified teachers will strive to be:
- An outstanding and inspirational teacher
- Have the commitment, accountability, determination, drive and energy to ensure outstanding outcomes for all children
- Adaptable, work collaboratively and be open to new initiatives
- Honest, trustworthy, loyal, reliable
- Have a creative outlook to teaching and designing an exciting, engaging curriculum
We will offer:
- The opportunity to shape the future of our growing primary phase department.
- On-going quality professional development.
- A caring and supportive environment in which to work, where everyone is valued.
- Brand new cutting edge facilities and resources.
- Westfield Health Package.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. The Duston School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, and Disqualification by Association clearance. In addition references will be requested for short listed applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.
About The Duston School
Our Ofsted Inspection in November 2013 stated that,” The Duston School provides an outstanding education for its students. This includes their personal development as well as their academic achievement”. It also states, “The Principal’s relentless pursuit of excellence in all areas is shared by senior leaders and teachers. All staff, understand and support the school’s determination to be outstanding in all that it does”.
We are very proud to have been graded as not only a 1 for Overall Effectiveness but also to be graded 1 for each separate criteria (Achievement, Quality of Teaching, Behaviour and Safety and Leadership and Management).
The Principal, Mrs Jane Herriman, has recently been appointed as Executive Principle to the Sir Herbert Leon Academy in Milton Keynes, which is an exciting opportunity for staff to work with colleagues across the two sites to help ensure that SHLA is best placed to make the same outstanding improvements which have impacted so positively on The Duston School.
In September 2007 the school moved into anew £28m building which has with state of the art facilities to make really come alive. The recent launch of the IPad initiative is also helping students and staff use technology to impact on learning. The school is now planning for the next stage in its development, becoming an all through 4-19 provision from September 2015.
The school values the many external accreditations it has been awarded such as Investors in People, Healthy Schools Award, Inclusion Quality Mark and the Customer Service Excellence Award – the latter was achieved in February 2010 and was awarded by the Cabinet Office accrediting us for our customer-focused approach. The school was a winner of the Princess Diana Award for contributions to charity in 2012 and winner of the National School Library Design of the Year Award. Work with partners is a real strength of the school. Ofsted commented, “The school uses its business and enterprise, and science specialisms to enhance opportunities for students”.