Teacher of Dance and Physical Education
The Physical Education Department at Knights Templar School is a thriving team of 7 teachers. We currently have a full-time, temporary position for a Dance and PE specialist to cover the maternity leave of one of our staff members, from September 2020 through to Summer 2021.
The PE staff are committed to encouraging students to develop physically and acquire the highest possible level of attainment and achievement in the skills and techniques which form part of the PE curriculum. We are seeking someone who shares the desire to provide a variety of opportunities, both competitive and non-competitive in which students can enjoy the experience and achieve success.
We are looking for a Teacher of Dance and Physical Education who:
• Believes in young people.
• Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom.
• Is keen to lead and manage a highly motivated staff team of teachers.
• Is passionate about their subject and is keen to improve standards still further across all year groups.
• Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
• Is committed to continuing to raise standards of attainment and developing the success of the department.
• Enjoys working as part of a team.
• Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
• Stability among teaching and support staff which brings both experience and commitment to our school community
• Supportive governing body and a senior leadership team that encourages a large degree of autonomy for middle leaders
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
• An excellent range of CPD opportunities.
• A community school in the pretty market town of Baldock, 33 miles north of London, within 30-40 minutes of both Cambridge and London by road or train.
• Extra-curricular sporting/musical facilities for staff
• Employee advice programme
• Discounted Sports Centre Membership
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers (subject to recent Government changes)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required.
About The Knights Templar School
We pride ourselves on being an academic school which maintains high standards and expectations, within a broadly Christian ethos. Academic achievement, underpinned by the highest quality teaching, means we are consistently among the top 10 per cent of schools in the country, with OFSTED judging us to be “a good school” and outstanding in the area of behaviour and safety. We do, however, see our role as more than simply academic educators. Learning is at the very heart of everything we do, so having the students focused and engaged in lessons means we can get the very best from them.
Our reputation for excellence is recognised at local, national and international levels and our commitment extends to ensuring that all our students benefit from what the school has to offer. We believe students flourish if they lead rich and varied lives. We are immensely proud of our exciting and wide ranging curricular and extra-curricular provision and all students are encouraged to take full advantage of the opportunities available to them. Knights Templar is a place where young people are able to learn and enjoy school, developing their talents to the full.
It is vital that the school, students and parents work in partnership to ensure we achieve positive outcomes, so we encourage an open flow of communication between school and home. This will ensure that as parents you will feel in touch with your child’s development and are able to play an active and supportive role in it. We firmly believe that taking time to build positive relationships is crucial and will ensure that all students are provided with the care and support they need to enjoy school life.
The school is open to children of all abilities and our outstanding pastoral care ensures that every student receives the nurturing, support and guidance they need. As an integral part of our community, we accommodate students from all backgrounds.
Being a central part of the community provides us with exceptional links with all the primary schools both in Baldock and the surrounding villages. We are very proud of our excellent relationships with business and industry in Baldock. We believe this provides the students with a sense of cohesion within the town and enables them to actively participate in the local and wider community.