Teacher of Art and Design Technology
Start date: January 2022, possible earlier start
Outstanding Art and Design Technology Teacher wanted for a good school! The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic and motivated staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
We are currently recruiting for a creative and enthusiastic Teacher of Art and Design Technology.
You should be an outstanding teacher with excellent subject knowledge who is passionate about sharing that knowledge with our students.
The successful candidate will be focused on the attainment and progress of all pupils, have a proven track record of successful teaching and hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
This post represents a superb career opportunity for a motivated professional who wants to challenge and engage pupils across the full 11-18 age range and who has a passion for designing an innovative and creative curriculum.
The successful candidate will have:
• Qualified Teacher Status/NQT
• You will be an excellent, enthusiastic and experienced classroom practitioner with the ability to teach to teach across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
• Have the ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results.
• Have the ability to enthuse and inspire students with a love of Art and Design Technology.
• Be able to inspire students to learn and achieve and a have a strong commitment to the highest of standards.
• Be keen to drive the development of related extra-curricular activities and partnerships.
• Enjoy working in a challenging but highly rewarding environment and be flexible in response to the day-today requirements of a large, busy academy.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
Please note The Petchey Academy reserve the right to close the job advertisement earlier.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A Section 128 check will be carried out on individuals applying for any role that retains or has been delegated any management responsibilities under the terms of a direction made by the Secretary of State for Education.
About The Petchey Academy
The Petchey Academy is committed to ensuring that every child will exceed national expectations whilst experiencing a wide and exciting range of opportunities, both within and outside of the classroom, to equip them with the skillset for their chosen path in higher education and with a genuine enjoyment of learning. As an inclusive academy the focus is on each child as an individual whilst fostering a sense of belonging to a rich and diverse community.
Our ethos The Petchey Way is the bedrock of our academy and encapsulates our "Traditional Values in a Modern World" and revolves around the basic concepts of respect and tolerance.