We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team for September 2018
Ofsted April 2017: The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress.
We require a Curriculum Lead for Geography to start at The Portsmouth Academy in September 2018 and join our team of committed professionals to teach GCSE and A level. We became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work. We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter.
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Portsmouth Academy and The Thinking Schools Academy Trust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cciXJcDCreY
We can offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified and experienced Geography Teacher
- Be an Ofsted Grade 2 teacher or above
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Geography
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Geography
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply or to discuss the role please contact Jasmin Chudasama on 01634 336535 or via email J.Chudasama@tsatrust.org.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
About The Portsmouth Academy
All children deserve an excellent education. I am very proud to lead an academy full of wonderful staff who go ‘above and beyond’ to ensure that our students are actively engaged in school, happy and making progress.
At the heart of our work is a pursuit of excellence as we believe this is the best way to do well by our children. This encompasses both academic excellence and the cultivation of character. We want to give our students deep subject knowledge, but we also want to help them to become life- long learners who can thrive in the 21st century.
We know that every child needs great teaching in order to thrive. Our students find learning exciting. We plan activities that make them think and that create ‘awe and wonder’ in the classroom. We create opportunities for them to learn together, in pairs and in groups, and to discuss what they are learning because that is what they enjoy. Overall, we aim to ensure that they receive a balanced diet of independent and collaborative learning activities, which are carefully crafted to maximise participation and progress.
Children also need opportunities to thrive beyond the classroom. Therefore, we offer a huge variety of workshops and trips, including ‘outward bound’ adventures, to excite and enthuse our students.
We also aim to build competition into school life as we like our students to experience the joy of ‘winning’. However, we recognise that real learning also comes from failure and so we define excellence as the ability to bounce back!