Last updated: August 2015
- Information about us
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Patrik Dibdiak
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Websites, subscribe to our Service, search for User-Uploaded Content, place an order on our Websites, and when you report a problem with our Websites. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial, credit card information, date of birth, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Websites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In the case where you have consented for us to collect your data that data may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- (where you have opted in for marketing) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about our services. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only, if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. Where you have opted for marketing you may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Websites are safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Websites.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our associated third parties, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to an Admin fee of ten pounds (£10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. As per the ICO recommendation we will respond to a subject access request promptly and in any event within forty (40) calendar days of receiving it via email. Send your request via to email to email@example.com and put in the title of the email “Access to information request”.